LOW-COST ELECTRONICS FOR THE ROMOTION
Rotek offers the Romotion as standard with integrated control electronics. However, complex control options are not used for every application; often a solid standard solution will also suffice. Often customers only require a relatively simple speed control and change of rotation direction. In such cases, Rotek offers its customers low-cost control electronics developed by its partner company ebetec in Austria for the Romotion.
The motor controller for 24 V DC works without sensors and upgrades the so-called back EMF for the commutation. As a result, factory sensors are also not required in the motor, thus making the drive inexpensive.
The speed setpoint value is determined by the voltage input range of between 0 and 10 V. In addition, there is a 10 V digital input for the direction of rotation. Finally, there is an open collector output for speed monitoring with 2 pulses per revolution. A power output up to 100W / 4A is possible.
Functions and benefits
- Setpoint setting and operation is performed via IOs or analogue voltages.
- Motor controller for brushless DC motors that are operated without sensors / with BEMF (BackElectroMotiveForce).
- The very compact control electronics are integrated in the connecting cable of the motors.
- The controller is adapted to the respective application and the drive motor used.
- Possible modes of operation: Speed controller or speed regulator (must be defined in advance)
- Speed controller: the speed is monitored and controlled by a higher-level system
- Speed regulator: the controller regulates the speed within the limits of what is feasible and keeps it stable.
- It can also be operated as a 4-quadrant controller.
The control electronics can brake and accelerate – short braking is also possible.
- All the electronic components used are selected in accordance with the highest industry standards.
- Durable because no components are used that may age (e.g. Elkos).
The control electronics are cast and sealed directly in the housing in a “hot melt” process. This is integrated in the connecting cable of the motors. This means that no additional slot, installation space, housing or control cabinet is needed. This significantly reduces the space and wiring work required and keeps it flexible and inexpensive. It also has optimal protection against environmental influences.