General data information about our data processing in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ROTEK GmbH & Co. KG
Coloradostraße 11 – 13
would like to inform you about our general handling of personal data. Please note that this general data protection information does not represent the data privacy statement on our websites – this can be found under “Data Privacy Statement” on our respective websites.
General data processing principles:
We collect and process personal data solely on the following basis in accordance with Art. 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The data subject has given their consent to the processing of the personal data relating to them for one or more specific purposes;Note: If you have given your consent to the processing of personal data, you can revoke this at any time. The revocation does not affect the legality of the data processed on the basis of your consent up until the point at which this is revoked.
- The data processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures that are taken at the request of the data subject;
- The data processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the responsible party is subject;
- The data processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person;
- The data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the responsible party;Note: You have the right to object to the above-mentioned data processing. Please refer to the section entitled “Rights of the data subject” for further details.
- The data processing is necessary in order to safeguard the legitimate interests of the responsible party or a third party, except where such considerations are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights of the data subject requiring the protection of personal data, in particular if the data subject is a child.
Note: You have the right to object to the above-mentioned data processing. Please refer to the section entitled “Rights of the data subject” for further details.
Where the disclosure of some personal data is optional, we indicate this accordingly when the data is collected. No negative consequences are associated with the failure to provide this optional information. However, failure to provide the information in individual cases can make the following communication more difficult or delay the completion of tasks.
We forward your data only to third parties, provided that this is permissible under data protection law in accordance with the above-mentioned principles.
We may also forward your data to external service providers (e.g. IT service providers, companies that destroy or archive data, print service providers) that are strictly bound by our instructions in the data processing support that they provide in the processing of orders.
Data processing does not generally take place outside the EU/EEA region. If this is necessary in an individual case, we will inform you about this within the framework of collecting data in a specific case.
We will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor market it elsewhere.
We delete your data if it is no longer required or the basis for the legality of retaining the data has lapsed for other reasons and the statutory retention periods do not prevent its deletion.
Rights of the data subject:
Data subjects have the right to obtain information from the responsible party about their personal data as well as to correct inaccurate data or delete data, provided that one of the reasons set out in Art. 17 of the GDPR applies, for example if the data is no longer needed for the purposes pursued. The data subject also has the right to restrict the processing of data if one of the conditions set out in Art. 18 of the GDPR is met and the right to data portability in the cases set out in Art. 20.
If data is collected on the basis of Art. 6, para. 1 lit. e (data processing for fulfilling official tasks or for the protection of public interest) or lit. f (data processing for safeguarding legitimate interests), the data subject has the right to object to the processing of data for reasons related to their specific situation. We then no longer process the personal data unless there are verifiably compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing of data that override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the data processing is used to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right of appeal to a supervisory authority:
Any data subject has the right to appeal to a supervisory authority if they consider that the processing of their data infringes the data protection regulations. The right of appeal can be asserted in particular to a supervisory authority in the Member State of the data subject’s normal place of residence or the place in which the alleged infringement occurred. The competent supervisory authority for the federal state of Bremen is:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Tel.: +49 421 3612010 or +49 471 5962010
Fax: +49 421 49618495